Leading soloist of the Opera Company
Honoured Worker of Kazakhstan
Honoured Worker of Kazakhstan, Laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Sundet Baigozhin graduated from the Kazakh National Academy of Music, where he studied solo singing (teacher – K. Abdykadyr, 2008). He has underwent vocal training courses in Jesi and attended opera singing courses at the Academy of Vocal Arts in Osimo (Accademia D’Arte Lirica, Italy). From 2007 to 2013, Sundet Baigozhin was a soloist with the Baiseitova National Opera and Ballet Theatre. Since 2013, he has been a leading soloist of the Opera Company with the State Opera and Ballet Theatre “Astana Opera”. Since 2017, he has been a guest soloist of the Rome Opera.
- Second prize of the “Shabyt” International Competition (Astana);
- First prize of the Tlendiyev International Competition (Astana);
- Grand Prix of the 5th Tulegenova International Vocal Competition (Astana);
- Winner of the International Competition “Toti dal Monte” (Treviso, Italy);
- Winner of the 10th Arena di Verona Foundation International Singing Competition (Italy, 2013);
- Finalist of the Big Opera TV Project (Russia, 2016);
- Laureate of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan – Yelbasy (2016);
- Holder of the Kurmet Order (2017);
- Laureate of the “Sakhnager 2018” National Theatre Award in the “Best Opera Singer” category;
- Laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Kazakhstan for performing the lead part in the opera Abai by Zhubanov and Khamidi (2018).
Abai (Abai by Zhubanov and Khamidi)
Bekezhan (Kyz Zhibek by Brusilovsky)
Marcello (La bohème by Puccini)
Escamillo (Carmen by Bizet)
Giorgio Germont (La traviata by Verdi)
Sharpless (Madama Butterfly by Puccini)
Onegin (Eugene Onegin by Tchaikovsky)
Lescaut (Manon Lescaut by Puccini)
Aleko (Aleko by Rachmaninoff)
Figaro (Il barbiere di Siviglia by Rossini)